Thursday, June 11, 2009

Protection?

I often wonder how screwed up my children will be when they are grown. Although we try really hard to teach them right from wrong, treat others with care, be helpful, etc. I know we make TONS of mistakes. Last night we were preparing for a baseball game and we had a "situation" come up they may have scarred them for life..... {Back story}We had been playing ball earlier when my oldest son pitched to my middle son. He swung and hit a line drive right at his brother. He immediately dropped to his knees and I was imagining the worst. The ball missed the really tender spots but hit him in the leg which now has a lump and a bruise. SO I ask my husband "When do they start wearing cups?" Trying to be prepared and to see if I needed to run and get some when I run errands next week.... He replies, "Soon" ( ok like tomorrow, next year, when they move up an age group?????? I so love this man of many words!) My oldest son then asks, " What is it?" Of course I answer first, "Honey, it is a little hard helmet that you wear so you don't get hit in the privates.' HORROR, looks of fear, eyes rolling.... The boys look at each other, then their father who is doing the eye rolling. I thought it seemed like a good answer at the time but I think they are picturing mini bike/motorcycle helmets! Oh well, I will let dad talk to them about the jock strap too.....maybe by then they will have recovered from this frightful conversation!

1 comment:

  1. What do you expect!? It isn't like Mom helped us with anything and we didn't exactly need cups Mo.

    ReplyDelete