Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I love it when a plan comes together!

Oh, I loved watching the A Team! We have been very busy lately with vacation, ballgames, work and building a deck ( YAY!), so for dinner tonight I wanted to do a fix it and forget it deal. We just butchered a pig and have a freezer full of meat, so I reached in a pulled out a roast. My favorite way to fix it and forget it is to throw something in the crock pot so out came the crock pot. I found a marinade packet in the cupboard from Weber, Mesquite flavor , but didn't want to take the to marinate it so I just dumped it in the crock pot on top of the roast. I added a splash of water and set it on medium and walked away. A few hours later I went back and turned it to low. I also found some hash browns in the freezer ( trying to use up what we have) and whipped up a quick batch of cheesy potatoes. Add some green beans and we had a great meal. The meat was juicy and full of flavor! We made pulled pork sandwiches and each added our favorite condiments~ bbq sauce, mustard, pickles, etc. There is enough left over for some BBQ Nachos as a snack. Quick, easy and everyone loved it! What do you do for a quick meal?

No comments:

Post a Comment